Rabobank North America Leadership Awards
Rabobank North America annually recognizes organizations that demonstrate remarkable leadership, corporate responsibility, and innovation within the Food and Agriculture (F&A) industry. There are three awards, one overarching Leadership & Excellence award for an exceptional company making large-scale impact in F&A, as well as awards for an Emerging Leader in Innovation and Leader in Sustainability.
Leadership & Excellence (2018 nominations are now closed)
The overarching Rabobank Award for Leadership & Excellence recognizes a large-scale market leader that has demonstrated great and lasting impact in its sector. The winner will have:
- Achieved significant success as a leader in building, rejuvenating or expanding a business in the food, agribusiness or beverage sectors;
- Taken responsibility for environmental and social wellbeing, shared values for business and society, good corporate citizenship and an excellent track record in social commitments;
- Been recognized and set standards of excellence within the industry;
- Strong financial performance
The 2016 Rabobank Award for Leadership & Excellence was awarded to AGCO, for its central role in supplying sustainable and inclusive agricultural machines, boosting the world’s agricultural productivity and increasing access to the global food system.
Leader in Sustainability (2018 nominations are now closed)
The Rabobank Leader in Sustainability Award recognizes an organization that has achieved unique strides towards business, environmental, social and governance sustainability. The winner will have:
- Developed programs and/or initiatives aimed at improving business, environmental, social and governance sustainability;
- Demonstrated alignment between sustainability strategy and core business priorities; defined and clearly communicated sustainability guidelines and commitments;
- Positioned itself as a good corporate citizen and demonstrated social commitments;
- Strong financial performance
MidwesternBioAg received the 2016 Rabobank Leader in Sustainability Award, for helping larger partners reduce their climate impacts, with technology to track nutrient efficiency, innovative fertilizers, and soil health.
Emerging Leader in Innovation (2018 nominations are now closed)
The Rabobank Emerging Leader in Innovation Award recognizes a fast-growing small business/startup that addresses issues in the food and agribusiness space in a new and innovative way. The winner will have:
- Operated in the industry for 10 years or less;
- Demonstrated a distinct innovation in the food and agriculture supply chain and/or offered new choice, value and convenience to customers;
- Demonstrated good corporate citizenship;
- Demonstrated strong financial performance / investor interest and potential for market expansion
The 2016 Rabobank Emerging Leader in Innovation Award winner, BluWrap, develops packaging that extends the shelf life of fresh protein, thereby revolutionizing fresh protein supply chains worldwide.
Leadership & Excellence:
McCormick & Company
Leader in Sustainability:
Clif Bar & Company
Emerging Leader in Innovation: